CPI Malibu, a division of Communications & Power Industries (CPI), is an advanced antenna solutions provider for critical defense, aerospace and communications applications worldwide. CPI Malibu is a recognized leader in the Data Link and communications industry, and has built an excellent reputation, both domestically and internationally. We have unique capabilities and experience in design, analysis, and manufacture of telemetry, communications, electronic warfare, and radar antenna systems. Worldwide installation, logistics, and repair support are performed by our in-house service organization with assistance from local CPI offices. CPI Malibu takes an analytical approach to design and manufacture using CAD, CAE, large-scale graphics and computer-controlled machining. Two anechoic chambers (including a compact range) and a well-equipped, small volume production machine shop support our capabilities and enable CPI Malibu to react quickly to customer’s requests. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team.
An ideal candidate will perform diversified electro-mechanicalinspection. Uses quality inspection plans, engineering drawings, process specifications, and customer documents to check or verify purchased parts, and inspects products to determine conformity to the established requirements. Exercises responsibility for decisions as to the quality and usability of products based on obtained organizational knowledge, performance specifications and engineering drawings.
- Performs mechanical/electricalinspection work in three basic areas must be competent in these required functions:
- Receiving inspection
- In-process inspection
- Final inspection
- Full understanding with all applicable ISO9001/AS9100 quality procedures and related work instructions and recommends improvements when applicable.
- Measures parts to verify the accuracy of dimensions using standard hand tools and/or special measuring equipment. Surface plate setup and CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Documentation of nonconformance’s; clearly and concisely describing the condition of unacceptable parts, noting responsibility for errors when known.
- Supportsengineering through the review process, as required.
- Works from engineering drawings, process specifications, test procedures and customer drawings.
- Maintains all requiredinspection records per procedures and work instructions.
- Perform source inspection at suppliers facilities when required.
- Assists other inspectors or peers if needed.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Able to read documents (in English), schematics and blueprints; operate a personal computer (Outlook, Word, Excel); verbally communicate with other company employees, suppliers, and customers. Lift and or move up to 35 pounds.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associatedegree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Inspection or equivalent, e.g., technical trade school with a minimum of five (5) years performing precision mechanicalinspection functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Overtime may be required, including weekends.
- Able to lift 35 lbs. A self-starter who works under minimal supervision and guidance of QA Manager.
Federal law requires CPI Malibu Division to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. CPI Malibu Division uses eVerify and does provides Social Security Administration and/or Department of Homeland Security employee’s I-9 Form to confirm work authorization.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under theInternational Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. To be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum.
CPI Malibu Division is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or childbirth, veteran status, or any other classification that is protected under applicable state, federal or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CPI, Malibu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control Inspection of electro-mechanical components: 5years
- Surface plate setup and CMM: 5years
- Receiving inspection/In-process/inspection Final inspection: 5years
- ISO9001/AS9100 quality procedures: 5years