Pace Industries is North America?s leading full-service die casting manufacturer. Our mission is to provide uncommon, creative die casting and support solutions that contribute to the success of our customers. Our die cast parts are used in automobiles, motorcycles, generators, snow mobiles, lawn mowers, washing machines, power hand tools, BBQ grills, commercial lighting and many other well-known products. You can have a significant impact on our cultural transformation.
The St. Paul Division produces aluminum die castings for highly cosmetic, complex and difficult-to-fill parts from concept to solution. Specializing in flash-free, net-shape production, we ensure that aluminum die cast components meet exact design specifications and are delivered on time and within budget.
Assist in coordinating Quality Assurance functions throughout the value stream management system. Work closely with customers and assigned value streams to introduce new products, reduce waste and eliminate process/product issues. Implement quality assurance procedures, policies, systems and methods to assure the quality requirements of customers are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement with the AQP regarding team activities with the Process Flow, PFMEA and the Control Plan Documentation.
- Preparation, implementation, and maintenance of Quality Control work instructions.
- Involvement in quality improvement facilitation by establishing methods of data collection, control charting, dimensional inspection, documentation, or other experimental design techniques.
- Maintain reporting and disposal procedures for RMA scrap material.
- Sustain an effective statistical methods program.
- Assist in the training of value stream personnel in the use of statistical methods.
- Champion continuous improvements by organizing analysis and problem-solving activities for corrective action.
- PPAP preparations and submissions.
- Insure a safe work environment is maintained, appropriate safety systems/processes are utilized, and insure compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental related rules and regulations.
- Provide a clean and organized work environment through 5-S controls.
- Manage associates involved in team activities in a fair and consistent manner to insure compliance with personnel and company policies, procedures and safety rules and provide appropriate feedback. Insure performance evaluations are completed on time and they provide adequate and honest feedback on associates? performance and include goals and/or areas of improvement needed.
- Provide growth and development opportunities for associate engagement and satisfaction.
- Maintain and comply with all other company and corporate systems and procedures as applicable for your area of responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as needed.
- A bachelor?s degree in Engineering or other technical discipline degree is required (or equivalent years?experience), along with 2-3years job experience in a Quality Engineering environment.
- Experience in the automotive industry and lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Must have statistical aptitude and understand concepts of geometric dimensioning and tolerance and knowledge of problem solving techniques.
- Personal computer skills are required, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.