JOB DESCRIPTION: The Quality Control Engineer will perform Software Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) functions per SEI CMMI Level III Process. Tasks will include QC/QA audits, document reviews, code reviews, and testing verification.
- Develop and maintain the project’s Quality Plan.
- Participate in document and code peer reviews.
- Verify peer review findings were corrected in accordance with standards.
- Witness the execution of system testing and acceptance testing.
- Identify noncompliance issues and monitor the corrective action plan to completion.
- Provide schedule status on quality activities.
- Reporting the monthly QA Status Report to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and conduct scheduled and unscheduled audits.
- Perform trend analysis of noncompliance issues.
- Monitor all processes for compliance with quality standards.
- Confirm all appropriate quality reviews were conducted prior to the release of deliverables.
- Collect and analyze the quality measures for the project and make recommendations to the Project Lead on process and quality improvements.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and quality work products.
- Review technical data packages for adherence to the project scope, established standards and methodologies, and program requirements.
- Recommend process improvements as related to quality on process standards throughout the Design and Development Lifecycle.
- Work within defined test environments and support/validate all levels of product testing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience in the related field is required.
- Experience shall include a range of tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility.
- 4 years of related experience is accepted in lieu of degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Design and Development Lifecycle.
- Software testing experience
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Familiarity with System Engineering "V" development lifecycle and "Agile" development lifecycle
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with DO-178 standard
- Ability to read hardware mechanical drawings for piece part and/or assemblies, and reading of electrical drawing schematics
- Familiarity with ASME and/or ANSII Standards
- Able to read and understand C/C++ code