Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review workpapers and financial statements for compliance with professional and firm standards.
- Maintain up-to-date standards of proficiency in the areas of accounting and auditing while keeping the Firm in compliance with quality control elements.
- Serve as a technical resource to the audit and accounting department on research and technical issues.
- Must be able to deal with a high volume of work under very tight deadlines and the ability to manage upward.
- Research and present topics for internal continuing professional education seminars.
- Review the Firm's systems and specific engagements in the annual internal inspection.
- Assist with the implementation of new audit and accounting standards.
- Interface with peer reviewers, PCAOB and other inspectors.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the broader Citrin Cooperman team in delivering the highest quality service to our clients; and continue to grow and develop your career with support practice leadership.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- CPA license is required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of Public Accounting experience, 1-2 years in the Quality Control function strongly preferred
- Broad and deep understanding of accounting principles and auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America and ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues in a wide range of industries
- Significant experience with not-for-profit entities, including Associations, Private Foundations, Higher Education, Social Service Organizations required;
- Thorough understanding of Uniform Guidance and Cost Report Certification experience
- Experience with commercial entities (manufacturing, distribution, real estate, construction, technology) is requited; and employee benefit plans is a plus
- Superior knowledge of general accounting and auditing including skills knowledge plus the application of general theory within the NFP sector and Government Audit
- Experience with PPC audit methodology and practice aids preferred
- Pragmatic – rapidly differentiate, focus on and bring to resolution difficult issues
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
Requisition ID : 1187