We are looking for Entry Level Quality Control Analysts for our client in Ankeny, IA
Job Title: Entry Level Quality Control Analysts
Job Location: Ankeny, IA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Working hours would typically be M-F, 8-5 with some flexibility on the hours depending on team member.
- Look for new graduates with biology or chemistry majors for this position.
- Prior work with instrumentation and troubleshooting is beneficial, but not required.
- I've included some information from a hiring manager contract that was filled out for a full time hire for the position.
- The sections on progression, development and advancement wouldn't be applicable to a temporary position, .
Typical day :
- Each analyst has 8 – 10 instruments and typically begins each day with some routine instrument maintenance.
- After this is completed, any idle instruments would be set up to proceed with the next phase of testing.
- Once all idle instruments are running, data from the previous day/night gets analyzed to determine the pass/fail status of the current phase.
- If the data passes it is documented and the instrument is set up for the next phase of testing. If the data did not pass, troubleshooting would be conducted and corrective actions taken before setting up the tests to be repeated.
- Each analyst moves through their set of instruments in this manner throughout the day.
- Overall, our testing lab is set up similar to an average molecular biology lab.
- We have approximately 50 units in the lab actively going through the QC process and an additional 7 in-house units used to test associated consumable hardware products.
Technology That staff would br required to know or be trained to use :
- Analysts would be trained to run instruments produced at our facility.
Your leadership style
- Believe in giving individuals the freedom and responsibility to do their job in the way they see fit while adhering to the quality standards outlined in departmental policy.
- It is my job to make sure each team member has the resources they need to succeed and facilitate good communication within our own department and through the company.
- I am available at any time to discuss issues or concerns that team members may have.
Culture of organization and/or business unit (what would be important for an outsider coming in to know about your culture, your unit?) :
- This team of 8 works on the instrument line.
- Team ranges in level of experience with most hired at entry level.
- Candidates receive a mentorship type training, get their own instruments assigned to them.
- Work is mostly independent in the lab environment but work closely with team on problem solving.
- High standard, strict instrument procedure, but relaxed environment.
- Quality team does a lot of fixes themselves.
- working on getting instruments ready for sale and can move to an intermediate/advanced level role where they are involved in more advanced troubleshooting, fixes, changing parts.