Job ID R-300117
Job Description Summary
The Continuous Improvement Manager reports to the Quality PMO Leader.
The CI Manager will have responsibility for providing leadership and support for Continuous Improvement program projects within BD PS through the use ofSix Sigma,Lean, and project management best practices.Responsibilities include facilitatinglean blitz sessions and developing Continuous Improvementreporting metrics, working with and supporting sitesSix Sigma &Lean Continuous Improvement leaders to identify and generate solutions to eliminate barriers to process improvement.Otherresponsibilities include training and metrics, including providing QA support to business programs e.g. KDG’s (KeyDriver Goals), organizational design andtechnologyroadmaps.
- Focuses on improving processes that support the PS Objectives. A key area of focus will be COQ.
- Works with all PS functions to drive CI projects beyond Product Engineering and New Product Development e.g. improving functional work processes.
- Establishes tracking mechanisms that record measurable results of CI in terms of process efficiency, customer satisfaction, financial and non-financial benefits, and transfers those mechanisms to the functions. Benchmarks internal and external organizations. Identifies, implements, leverages and transfers best practice knowledge to the PS organization.
- Collaborates with a network of PS CI leaders that will support the deployment and anchoring of CI capabilities across the PS functions and sites.
- Collaborates with Corporate Quality on key BD CI strategies and objectives.
- Manages PS business program to drive best practices across the manufacturing sites.
- Mentors and certifies CI practitioners across the PS organization.
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Certified in Six Sigma or Lean with a minimum of 5 years experience in areas of Six Sigma, Lean or DFSS. Proven experience as a change leader.
- BB (Certified Master Black Beltpreferred) in Manufacturing or Transactional Six Sigma, DFSS, or equivalent in ASQ Certification & Experience.
- Good communication and presentation skills
Additional and preferred skills and qualifications
- Structured analytical and problem solving techniques
- Working knowledge of cGMPs and ISO
- Strong interpersonal skills including communications, facilitation, consulting, coaching, and influencing.
- Knowledgeable in evolving LeanSix Sigma concepts and tools.
- Demonstrated project management excellence. Track record of results.
- Strategic Business Sense
- Excellent team facilitation/leadership skills. Teamwork/collaborative style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Minitab)