The Stellantis Customer Experience Organization is currently seeking a Quality Center Manager (QCM) to join our Quality team at the Warren Stamping Plant, in Warren, Michigan. The Quality Center Manager will have responsibility for a team of quality, product, and dimensional engineers as well as the quality assurance supervisors responsible for all quality systems and aspects of quality control and quality assurance at the plant. The candidate must have a proven track record for developing and leading people, executing standardization of manufacturing quality systems, and achieving quality goals and key performance indicators. The Quality Center Manager must be a creative problem solver, proactive, and steadfast in the identification and resolution of quality concerns. The selected individual will have experience in managing cross-functionally and possess a broad knowledge of the entire automotive engineering, manufacturing, and quality landscape and must present outstanding teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Overseeing multiple crew operation and providing leadership for quality system implementation and execution.
- Achieving plant and corporate quality targets and key performance indicator.
- Auditing process and product standards for conformance.
- Providing problem solving expertise and leading through excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Planning, prioritizing, setting goals, and managing multiple projects in a technical and business environment.
- Establishing partnerships both internally and externally and influencing without direct authority.
- Benchmarking and executing world class manufacturing for Quality organizations and systems.
- Representing the “Voice of the Customer” to the manufacturing teams.
- Driving team success by clarifying expectations and minimizing political hurdles.
- Demonstrating unwavering commitment to delivering results and champion achievements.
- Exhibiting a willingness to do things differently and consistently translate ideas into actions that deliver results.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, other 4-year Engineering degree in combination with relevant experience may be considered
- 15 years of quality, manufacturing, or design/release related experience
- Supervisory experience leading people and larger teams/departments
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build solid partnerships, both internally and externally
- Capable of shaping a clear strategic vision and effectively communicating that vision
- Expertise in planning, prioritizing, and goal setting, including the ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency, create detailed action plans, and organize schedules, people, and tasks.
- Experience working in a lean/flat organization with cross functional skills
- Advanced degree
- Knowledge of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) or other Total Quality Management (TQM) Systems
- Knowledge and experience in stamping manufacturing
- Knowledge and experience in sheet metal assembly / welding operations
- Knowledge and experience with automotive closure hemming
- PSO and dimensional lay out experience