We are a private mortgage insurer with $184.3 billion primary insurance in force covering approximately one million mortgages (as of April 30, 2017.) MGIC provides a critical component of our country’s residential mortgage finance system, protecting mortgage investors from credit losses. Mortgage insurance from MGIC also benefits consumers by making affordable low-down-payment mortgages a reality. Bottom line…We put people into homes sooner! #WeAreMGIC
A day in the life of our Quality Automation Manager (roles and responsibility)
Seeking a Test Architect who will provide technical leadership and direction to our IS testing strategy and management of our QA department. The role requires long term thinking while establishing QA solution designs for corporate program strategies. Knowledge areas span QA activities such as Test Automation, Service Virtualization, Data Virtualization, Test Data Management, Environment Design and advanced Test Management strategies all combined to improve effectiveness, costs, and velocity.
• As subject area expert provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to QA team and other IT partners.
• Designing test frameworks for test automation and testing in general o Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with engineering team members make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes.
• Architect, direct and coordinate the implementation of automation tools and frameworks to be used in all phases of testing.
• Provide guidance on the selection of the most effective test design techniques in a given situation
• Design methods for the creation of test data
• Coordinating testing with release processes • Lead and managing the QA team
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive Salary & Benefits
• Profit Sharing
• 401(k) with a company match
• Pension Plan
• On-site Fitness Center and Classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Tuition reimbursement
What we’re looking for: (requirements)
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• At least 10 years of progressively more responsibleexperience in area of specialization
• 5 years of experience managing a QA environment and function
• At least 8+ years in Test automation experience (mobile app test automation is a plus)
• Experience in architecting automation framework and implementing best practices. Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of test data management and use of tools such as Optim
• Experience with HP UFT, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid & Appium
• Experience in API test automation
• Experience with CI /CD tools like Jenkins or other industry leaders
• Experience in managing test departments or testing functions, managing across multiple projects
• Ability to handle conflict effectively
• Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best in each individual
• Ability to prioritize tasks under pressure
• Team player with excellent communication skills to partner technically with Solution Architects, Development, QA/Testing organization and possibly business teams.
• Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies and able to provide direction to test team and department around testing strategy.
A little more about us!
Our headquarters are located in downtown Milwaukee, a place that offers something for everyone with its big-city attractions and small-town atmosphere. MGIC is a seven time recipient of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Work Places award. This is an award based on the opinion of our company's greatest asset, our talented and dedicated workforce! We are committed to being an active and positive member of the local Milwaukee community. Along with our co-workers, we support many local initiatives including:
• United Way • United Performing Arts Fund • Habitat for Humanity • Junior Achievement • Public Television Channel 10/36 Auction
MGIC offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical and dental insurance, pension, profit sharing and 401(k) savings. We offer an on-site fitness center, wellness initiatives and a business casual dress policy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and substance abuse testing.