"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Five to seven years relevant experience with previous quality auditing experiencerequired.
- Skills and Competencies: Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required. Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
- The position typically requires 2 years of technical school, an apprenticeship program, a junior college diploma, or the equivalent in on-the-job training.
- In addition, one to three years of job-related experience are typically required.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The position requires knowledge of various engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance standards and practices.
- Strong analytical skills are necessary.
- Personal computer skills and familiarity with various software packages is required.
- "The incumbent in this position executes processes, plans and tools that support global quality systems or related processes i.e.
- Cost of Poor Quality, APQP, PPAP, quality certification, MQ11005 and MQ12005 etc.
- The incumbent must also adhere to CPS (Caterpillar Production System) principles.
- ??Specific quality responsibilities include:
- Executes global quality processes as defined in the Caterpillar QMS: Coordinate and conduct internal quality audits for MQ.
- Administer area metrics.
- Draft and submit local training and documentation as necessary.
- Support certification activities. Identify non conformance.
- Provides continual improvement feedback to all levels of resources.
- Work with supervisors, technicians and other support groups on certification and quality issues, conducting informative meetings on basic certification processes when needed.
- Ensure that area metrics, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Continuous Improvement Proc
- ??esses are up-to-date and being properly administered.
- Collect customer defect reports weekly; generate Visual Aids for defects and post on Customer Defect Board.
- Draft and submit Visual Aids and Quality Alerts when necessary.
- Track the progress of corrective actions across the business to ensure a speedy response to a resolution
- Inspect and test processed, machined, fabricated or assembled parts or products for defect, wear, and deviations from specifications.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience/training required.