Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Web and Mobile Application Portfolios. The QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing of complex web and mobile applications. The QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Designs, develops, implements and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile software delivery model environment using a risk based approach.
- Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as RESTful services, or other APIs.
- Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
- Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
- Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
- Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
- Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
- Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
- Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
- Executes end to end test scenarios.
- Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
- Works with Scrum/Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
- Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of software test experience with focus on web and mobile applications and test automation.
- Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance, and load.
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
- Experience building automation utilizing the Page / Object design pattern.
- Experience with the following:
- Rally and HP ALM for test management.
- Automating the testing of mobile applications using Appium.
- Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira.
- Performance/load testing tools such as Gatling, Blaze Meter and jMeter.
- BDD frameworks such as Cucumber.
Req #: 51955BR