This position will serve as a key resource to test and evaluate VoIP/Unified Communications systems designed by the engineering group, perform quality assurance checks on installed and upgraded systems, provide technical support and guidance to installation teams, establish and maintain configuration documentation for all systems, and provide remote maintenance/technical assistance for US Department of State Voice systems on a global scale.
The Quality Assurance/Technical Training Specialist shall manage and facilitate the day to day Quality Assurance (QA) functions of a major voice communications contract based on Cisco Unified Communications architecture. The position will report to AMERICAN SYSTEMS Program Manager (PM) leading the overall program.
The Quality Assurance/Technical Training Specialist will perform all aspects of monitoring and supporting the Quality metrics to be developed and defined for product quality/standards, transition planning, installation, and cutover schedules. The Quality Assurance/Technical Training Specialist will interact with the PM to ensure activity schedules are adhered to and all program activities satisfy the requirements of the client for quality assurance. The successful candidate will also be responsible for coordination and participating in team activities including implementation team and interaction with local agents responsible for quality assurance support/requirements.
Additional responsibilities/activities of the QA Specialist:
• Provides development of project Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
• Develops, leads implementation of and maintains a continuous quality/process improvement process and culture in multiple program segments. Effectively manages and quantitatively measures the progress of program areas and the quality improvement process itself.
• Provides an independent assessment of how the project's process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization's process.
• Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
• Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality in a system development environment which supports large databases and applications.
• Takes lead responsibility with the direction from the project manager for the development of ISO based project quality assurance programs.
• Conducts orientation ISO-based quality training for project personnel.
• Identifies project contract requirements and establishes the necessary ISO quality document hierarchy and components by working with other senior managers.
• Manages dissemination and training documentation.
• Develops, maintains, and reports upon quality data from required audits.
• Conducts ISO based "internal audits" of project practices.
• Tracks and ensures continuous use of and response to project quality metrics by each project team and component.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
• BS Degree or equivalent and minimum ten years of experience in designing, installing, and maintaining telephone systems and the use of diagnostics/test equipment. Desired experience/familiarity with Cisco voice, data, and video products/solutions.
• Top Secret Clearance required
• Possession of some Quality/ISO certifications.
• Familiarity with Cisco VoIP/Unified Communications solutions and networks highly desirable.
• Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
• Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a focus on process improvement.
• Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of financial analysis tools.
• Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management.
• Sound technical experience in assessing telecommunications support requirements as well as conducting required administrative tasks required for the projects.
• Strong verbal and writing skills
• Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goals.