Quality Assurance Supervisor / SQF Practitioner - CPG
Reporting to the Director of Quality Systems and Innovation, the SQF Practitioner/Quality Assurance Supervisor will ensure the Company's products meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance, USDA requirements, and customer expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
? Facilitate company's HACCP and SQF initiatives.
? Coordinate internal GMP inspection/audit program.
? Maintain an effective plant self-audit program.
? Manage 3rd party audits and corrective action plans.
? Manage food quality and safety documentation system and ensure current document version is available and in use.
? Prepare annual SQF and Management Reviews.
? Maintain existing and identify new SOP requirements. Follow through with support for training and implementation of new SOPs.
? Assist with ICIX and other customer requested documentation.
? Assist with maintenance of product specifications.
? Assist with employee training in food safety and quality initiatives.
? Assist with regulatory inspections.
? Perform other assigned tasks in order to support food safety and quality initiatives
? Work with the Quality Team to develop, maintain, and implement HACCP, HARPC, GMP and SQF Programs.
? Supervise and facilitate plant sanitation and verification programs.
? Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
? Incorporate cannery floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel
? Follow all safety rules and regulations, including active participation in the prompt identification and communication of safety hazards.
? Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
? Immediately report all food safety and food quality problems to your supervisor.
? Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
? 3-5 years in food safety and/or quality in the food industry, to include at least 1 year as a supervisor.
? Formal HACCP training with application experience
? SQF certification with application experience
? PCQI certificate
? Strong organizational skills
- The incumbent supervises employees in the following departments: Quality Control, Sanitation. In the event the QA Supervisor is not available, the Food Safety Compliance Manager will assume the duties of the position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, kneel; occasionally required to sit and climb, also required to handle, feel, taste and smell processed product.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in science (Food Science/Chemistry/Biology/ or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Three to five years' experience in a food processing operation or related industry required. Supervisory/management experience a must.
- Working Knowledge of low acid canned foods federal and state regulations preferred.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to apply deep understanding of complex problems involving numerous concrete variables.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 2 year time span.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places. The employee is exposed to both hot and cold temperatures related to the normal outside weather conditions, and to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Incumbent is also exposed to normal office environments.
The selected candidate will enjoy a competitive and comprehensive remuneration/bonus/ benefits package (base targeted to $100K+, DOE, annual bonus is 10%). Relocation assistance is available. This is truly an exceptional opportunity for an exceptional professional.