Job Title: Quality Assurance SupervisorTL
Location: Philadelphia, New York City, NJ area
Willing to Relocate: YES
- Ensuring proper procedures are in place and being followed for employee safety, food safety, and product quality.
- Working with plant management and other supervisory staff to maximize product quality and productivity.
- Supporting the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety and Quality System.
- Performing paperwork review of daily production and pre-operational activities for product releases.
- Communicating to relevant personnel information essential to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Preventive Control plans for all products manufactured at our client’s plants.
- Coordinating and delivering SQF, HACCP, Quality System and Food Safety training to QA team.
- Supporting Non-Conforming (Hold) product programs, including procedure development and maintenance, conducting product reviews, assigning non-conforming product dispositions, coordinating problem solving as well as CAPA (corrective action preventive action) with manufacturing, and issuing reports.
- Managing the Hold log and effective maintenance of Hold areas.
- Analyzing and resolving work, quality and food safety problems in manufacturing, or assisting team members in problem solving.
- Performing customer complaint analysis, distributing information and conducting monthly management presentations. Coordinate foreign material evaluations and corrective action programs.
• Must be SQF Practitioner or receive certification within three months in position.
• Must be HACCP/PCQI certified or receive certification within three months in position.
- Must be comfortable with SPC (statistical process control) and have formal training position
- Sound knowledge of food safety and quality system requirements for the food industry
- Familiar with food microbiology and chemistry
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications
- Knowledge of Statistics to perform routine test data and process control analysis
- Basic knowledge of food processing including heat penetration
- Project Management skills (must be capable of handling multiple projects)
- Basic knowledge of food analytical and microbiology testing