Holyoke metal/machining company seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor. Full time, direct hire opportunity with growth potential! Competitive pay and great benefits offered!
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervision, coaching, training, and support of departmental engineers and inspectors in a manner that ensures that all safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and labor utilization goals are achieved.
- Lead or directly support corrective actions and quality improvement teams with root cause analysis, innovative solutions, implementation planning, and more.
- Effectively drive or support resolution to quality issues, as necessary, to ensure that customers are satisfied with quality product delivered on time.
- Manage expense and capital budget for the quality lab to support testing, research, and inspection including fatigue, wear, tensile, material analysis, microanalysis, hardness, and more.
- Manage the quality system to maintain effective utilization of systems including document control, gage control, nonconformance, internal audits, corrective actions, etc. Fulfill role of Management Representative for external ISO 9001 audits.
- Manage and/or support the continuous improvement system within the facility, which consists of both team Kaizen events and individual contributions that enhance safety and quality and/or reduce delivery time and cost.
- Uphold high ethical standards and consistently comply with all company policies, work rules, Union Contractual agreements, and applicable laws with little to no direct supervision.
- Bachelor?s DegreeRequired
- Six Sigma / Black BeltPreferred
- Ability to comprehend and perform engineering-related mathematics and statistics.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with print interpretation including GD&T, measurement systems and analysis, production part approval processes and tool & gage design.