The QA Supervisor is responsible for supporting the QA Manager in developing, implementing and enforcing Food Safety Programs for The Company. This position plans and directs activities concerned with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards. With the direction of the QA Manager, the QA Supervisor assists leading the plant in assessing food quality and safety and other initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. The QA Supervisor assists the QA manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to employees. Participates in/leads projects to improve plant quality and food safety performance. The QA Supervisor will be responsible for implementing and maintaining SQF compliance.
- Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or equivalent field of study or 5 + years of work experience in QA.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Food Manufacturing.
- Experience with USDA, FDA or CA Dept. of Food & Agriculture guidelines/requirements.
- SQF Certified Practitioner and Experience and must.
- Experience working with Kosher, Organic and AIB programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and mathematical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and have a high degree of organizational skills.
- Must be an excellent 'team player' and possess the ability to motivate and train direct reports.
- Must have good judgment and the ability to make decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be reliable and prompt with all work activities and duties.
- Must have the ability to perform work duties under demanding and spur-of-themoment working conditions.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Must be able to work with and manage company confidential information.
- Minimum 1 or 2 years experience in a leadership role.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
- Must be proficient in computers skills to include MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and company ERP systems.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner