Requisition ID: 106032
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Manager directs and coordinates overall manufacturing quality department activities to ensure quality KPIs/scorecard metrics are met. The Sr. Manager leads site quality improvement at facility via sustainable quality systems and uses in depth data analyses and leads by example to drive improvement programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads site quality improvement at facility via sutainable quality systems (i.e.controlled documentation, execution of Change Control program, validation systems, execution of process control strategies, etc.).
- Executes problem solving/root cause analysis tools (Six Sigma methodology) to identify and develop improvement programs. Root Cause Analysis includes delivering site breakage & store reject reduction goals through data analysis and collaboration with Corporate QA, Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, & R&D.
- Leads ISO/FDA compliance program at the site as foundation to product quality.
- Collaborates and influences training systems at site as driver of improved quality results.
- Leads development of multifunctional plan to drive improved product quality results.
- Leads manufacturing standardization strategy for the site via controlled documentation deployment that enables higher level quality and cost saving opportunities.
- Leads quality projects via project management tools to drive rigor in quality project execution.
- Leads through example to enable a quality culture that places consumer and customer needs above all.
- Leads development & execution of quality improvement plans as well as result sustainment of base quality assurance program.
- Acts as an influential leader in and out of the plant via feedback from Quality Director, Quality Sr. Director and Facility Sr. Director.
- Leads cultural transformation within facility to enable quality performance.
- Leads use of automated data analysis to expedite reaction to quality issues and manipulates data as necessary to drive improvement.
- Leads, influences and executes processes within the site around lens & equipment qualification and validation systems.
- Acts as the liaison between R&D Engineering activity and the facility leadership team to drive awareness and issue resolution that helps sustain/improve quality results.
- Collaborates with site leadership to ensure quality needs are fully understood and prioritized.
- Serves as a problem solving expert within the site to enable high level of plant credibility needed to deliver quality assurance/plant results.
- Ensures product stability testing program is effectively executed across the site.
- BS Engineering or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma Knowledge
- 8+ years' experience in areas of manufacturing, quality assurance, and leading manufacturing/quality teams
- Strong collaboration & follow-up skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to design and improve work systems
- Strong Excel (Pivot Tables), Microsoft Project, Power Point with ability to learn shared software
- Engineering MS or MBA
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Six Sigma/Lean methodology
- ISO program and ISO auditing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Manufacturing; Production; Quality Assurance