Under general direction, the Quality Assurance Specialist evaluates and tests new enhancements and bug fixes to verify that the program functions according to user requirements and design specifications and that it conforms to established standards. The QA Specialist debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Consults with development engineers in the resolution of problems. Coordinates necessary testing resources to meet deadlines.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
- Tests software products and reports the results to developers via the internal CRM (Customer Relationship Management). Creates detailed TRs (program issues) using quality writing skills and provides Development with the necessary information to resolve bug fixes. Follows established quality assurance procedures and contributes to the continual improvement of those procedures. Performs unit testing on his/her defect resolutions to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results. Analyzes and documents reasons for test failures, and revises/debugs assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary.
- Leverages test results to improve or create new test plans. Updates and maintains new test environments with data appropriate to execute the plans.
- Tracks software problems and verifies they have been corrected. Documents, maintains and monitors/reports metrics. Participates in the creation and inspection of quality assurance documents. For software releases, may also prepare release documentation for both internal and external presentation.
- Enhances knowledge of tools, processes, procedures, and resources necessary to support quality assurance activities.
- Performs special projects related to department training and company initiatives, participates in department organization meetings, and other activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Adheres to Department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least two (2) years of software domain(s) experience and/or quality assurance experience with working knowledge of quality testing tools and systems.
- Ability to diagnose, report, track and effectively communicate quality issues for several projects concurrently
- Ability to work at both detailed and conceptual levels
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced development environment
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
- Understanding of property management industry
- Knowledge of TSQL
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to work at assigned office location
- Schedule flexibility to work with remote teams
- Attend meetings and perform tasks for long periods of time on a computer and on the telephone
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job