Quality Assurance Specialist - Technical
Lake St. Louis, MO
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Quality Assurance Team in the Software Distribution area, providing quality software upgrades and support. This position works closely with NISC customers, software engineers, Member Support team and technical communicators to provide excellent software for customers. Attention to detail, strong customer service skills and technical expertise are requirements for this role.
Primary working hours – 6am to 3pm Monday-Friday with some Saturday morning coverage
Provides installation and support of NISC software for our customers from scheduling through deployment with follow-up after upgrades are complete.
- Perform software updates during Member system maintenance windows to minimize downtime.
- Communicate with all parties involved about the software update.
- Provide problem resolution for customer issues.
Performs testing tasks requiring planning, scheduling and testing to assure that developed products and product enhancements meet design specification and are within total quality management limits and standards.
Communicates with developers and software engineers on product issues.
Gathers and interprets source materials such as design and test specification, design diagrams and schematics.
Researches, tests and reports results of testing scenarios and assists less experienced testers with problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
Reviews Change Requests (CRs) along with software engineering staff and follows up to resolution.
Tests system documentation including overviews, single line help, extended help and How Tos associated to assigned CRs as necessary and suggests edits/enhancements to turn over to technical communicators.
Writes release notes, as well as new system enhancement documentation when necessary, associated with enhancement CRs.
Utilizes all support tools as directed including entering all appropriate information into iVUE Support.
May develop and deliver training to coworkers or customers as assigned.
May be called upon to participate on design teams regarding enhancements to products.
Other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of SuSE Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and SQL.
- Working knowledge of SecureLink and security principles.
- Strong verbal and written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and confidentiality.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
- Bachelor’s or associates degree in a computer related field is preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Employees must be able to lift up to 30 pounds as well as be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.