At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Quality Assurance Specialist Sr within PNC's TCoE/Healthcare organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA.
- Leads and reports on reviews and tests of software systems and products to verify compliance with applicable specifications and standards.
- Leads the effort to work with software developers to resolves issues of incompliance through system modification, reconfiguration or workarounds. Establishes objectives for testing cycles. Develops test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing .
- Leads the team in planning and estimating quality assurance support requirements for new products, new functions and new components. Leads audits and reviews .
- Oversees and leads the efforts to monitor adherence to quality standards in the development, implementation and upkeep of software products. Monitors effectiveness of the assurance process and tools .
- Oversees the tracking of quality assurance metrics such as defect density and open defect counts. Oversees team members responsible for testing and inspection of products to determine compliance with specifications .
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Products and Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Software Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
Process Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION MANAGEMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, and experience in management of the development, delivery and maintenance of technology product documentation and publications.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE AND TESTING - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate processes, tools, and techniques for assuring a high level of quality in computer software products and systems.
Influencing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Relevant certification preferred
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.