Mitel’s mission is to be known as one of the premier customer experience companies in the Telecom business. Quality Assurance Specialists are key to ensuring every contact center technician and agent is doing everything possible and in their power to provide excellent customer experiences. This position is not only tasked with ensuring the accuracy of information provided but also that the quality of each interaction is the best possible. Additionally, this position will be responsible for identifying training opportunities and recommending improvements.
One gauge of the success of this role will be in the CSAT or Customer Satisfaction Scores obtained following a contact center interaction. Similar to the Support Manager in many ways, the Quality Assurance Specialist should be considered a coach and mentor as well.
The position provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice. Maintaining excellent communication with upper management both within and across organizations is critical to ensuring smooth running of support and services across the organization. The position is responsible for representing Operations in a mature and organization-focused manner and must possess the ability to lead by coaching and mentoring team members to achieve individual expectations and deliverables.
- Review quality of work performed by staff through live monitoring and use of call recording system and applications
- Determines contact center quality standards by studying inbound and outbound calls, chats and web interactions
- Verifies results by measuring skills in use of scripts, product knowledge, sales and service ability, technical acumen, greeting, diction, listening, etiquette, objection handling, efficiency, and courteous close of calls
- Provides feedback to contact center agents by monitoring calls and conducting monthly review sessions
- Coordinates and facilitates call calibration sessions for the Contact Center leaders
- Creates and delivers reports to the management team on results of Monitoring activities, recommended training needs, and process improvements
- Directs quality initiatives by requiring adherence to quality assurance policies and procedures, developing new models and implementing changes
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide support to Support Representatives, Product Specialists, and Team Leaders
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings and formal reviews with team members to review results, set expectations, and coach and develop employee skills
- Provide performance feedback daily to encourage desired behaviors in line with corporate goals
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of Customer Support and contribute to the Knowledge Base
- Perform weekly and monthly root cause analysis to develop process improvements.
- Participate in Interviewing and hiring new Support Representatives
- Provide input for the New Hire Training Program and ensure effective execution for modules delivered by Support
- Ensure staff follows applicable Mitel Policies and Procedures
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Presents information on projects, initiatives or other subjects to peers, teams and upper management
- 5+ years of progressive experience in contact center project, process or people leadership
- 5+ years minimum Team Lead, or other equivalent Contact Center leadership and/or Quality Assurance experience
- A passion for delivering premier customer experiences
- Ability to analyze and enhance best practices, processes, and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of services delivery
- Experience with collaborative management and coaching style capable of managing others in rapid and constant change
- Proven mentor and motivator with a clear understanding of the Support requirements, customer base, and challenges facing a fast-growing company
- Excellent organizational skills & interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com Service Cloud CRM a plus