Are you a recent college graduate looking to build a career in software development? Nuance Document Imaging is adding to our embedded team of developers and QA professionals in Waterloo. We have a unique opportunity for an entry level Quality Assurance Specialist.
The Quality Assurance Specialist works as a member of the QA team and reports to the Manager of Quality Assurance. The QA Specialist is responsible for testing document accounting, printing, and scanning solutions. He or she develops test documentation including test plans and individual test cases, executes manual and automated tests, analyzes and troubleshoots issues, and participates in development and product discussions and presentations.
- Plan, develop, and execute tests against software and hardware products to ensure requirements have been met.
- Work with the development team to ensure all requirements have been tested, defects have been identified and documented, impacts have been assessed, and resolutions provided.
- Review product documentation and collateral materials
- Create and maintain test documentation such as test plans and test reports
- Interact with team members and other groups to troubleshoot and resolve quality defects and issues identified during the testing process and post-release of the product
- Communicate product and process information to other members of the QA team, other departements, and customers as necessary
- Perform QA equipment/lab maintenance tasks as assigned.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 0-2 years in a software testing or technical support function.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of enterprise server and client applications on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac in virtual environment.
- Working experience in software testing for enterprise system consisting of distributed server components, databse server clients, WebUI, and supported HW devices.
- Working experience in developing test automation scripts for functional testing.
- Working experience in agile environment for fast-paced software development and testing release cycle.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills to identify root cause and narrow down issues.
- Demonstrated ability to "think outside the box" when creating and executing test plans.
- Written and verbal communications demonstrated through the creation of test plans, defect documentation, and result report.
- Experience in software testing with large scale networkinfrastructures including distributed servers, clusters, load balancers, and network protocols, such as TCP/UDP, DNS, AD, LDAP, SMTP, SSL/TLS, etc.
- University or higher degree in computer science/engineering or related technical field.