The Quality Assurance Specialist is primarily responsible for designing and executing test plans and procedures for acceptance testing of new or modified application systems. The Quality Assurance Specialist is also responsible for spanning diverse applications and platforms. Additionally the Quality Assurance Specialist works closely with the departmental teams to carry out testing and data validation in all phases of various projects.
- Executes test plans and procedures for the acceptance testing of new or modified application systems. Example include, but are not limited to: Creating test plans and test cases using guidelines provided by the organization.
- Produce QA documentation and testing evidence . Examples include, but are not limited to: Test plans, test cases, UAT evidence, issue logs, and acceptance sign off. Respond to audit requests as it pertains to requested documentation.
- Work with testing teams and vendors to report defects, document, troubleshoot testing issues, reporting on disposition of issues. Test, evaluate, and validate IT initiatives and identify issues in software or services. Creates and executes testing plans and user acceptance criteria.
- Assist project teams to assess production readiness, review submissions to CAB, support production release deployments as assigned. Develop production check out plans and over see production testing. Analyses discrepancies in service or performance and makes recommendations for product or service updates.
- Work with change implementers and 3rd party vendors to assess impacts of requested changes to test and production environments, ensuring impacts are realized and addressed by responsible impacted areas.
- Train users on testing/defect tracking tools implemented, developing guides, and procedures and developing reporting from tools.
EXTERNAL AND VENDOR RELATIONSHIPS
- Various External and Vendor relationship
- Primary: Fiserv
#LI-AA1Job TitleQuality Assurance SpecialistFull Time/Part TimeRegular Full-TimeRequirements
- BA / BS or equivalent certification with work experiencepreferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar Information Technology role required
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Minimum 3+ years working in the banking / financial services industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experienced in coordating efforts through the QA lifecycle and managing test teams
- Capability to learn multiple banking applications and respective processes to support testing needs
- Experience in communicating with diverse business, operations, and IT teams across the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and manage multitude of tasks without the need for ongoing direction
- Comfortable with communicating with 3rd party vendors
- Microsoft office experience -- Outlook, excel, word, visio also helpful
- Signature and or Fiserv banking core application experience
- Experienced in software and infrastructure testing
- Prior test case development, execution experience