Position Title : - Quality Assurance Specialist
Location : Troy, MI
Duration : 12 Months Contract with possibility of extension
The Quality Assurance Specialist - Editor will review items including: training design documents and storyboards for eLearning, beta eLearning modules, job aids, instructor guides, student guides, and other training support materials. The individual will be in a quality assurance role to ensure that the integrity and consistency of all deliverables meet customer expectations. Job duties and required skills include, but are not limited to:
. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Exceptional editing skills and knowledge of common proof reader’s marks are required.
• Knowledge of commonly used style guides, including Chicago Manual of Style and AP Stylebook; knowledge of application of style to manuscripts.
• Excellent writing skills are required.
• Must have excellent software skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects.
• Effectively work as a team member to ensure training materials target training and business requirements and meet all quality control standards.
• Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary, to meet deadlines.
• Training development/Instructional design experience a plus.
• Familiarity with eLearning development tools, such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, and Lectora.
• Additional language skills (Spanish, French, etc.)
• Media production skills including: audio/video, desktop publishing, graphic design, illustration.
Education and Experience:
· BA in Journalism, Communications, English or related field preferred.
Minimum 2 years of editing/proofreading experience (experience in a training-oriented environment is preferred).