The Quality Assurance (QA) Software Tester is responsible for providing information to stakeholders, including data and test results regarding the quality of software/products or services under test. The QA Software Tester completes functional testing to determine if the software/product or service meets defined requirements.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU’s Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop and manage the creation of test plans and test status reporting.
- Create test requirements using all forms of requirement documentation.
- Create test cases, scenarios, and scripts, both manual and automated, which exercise the requirements under test.
- Report defects using defect tracking software.
- Maintain a general knowledge of Credit Union departments and how they interact with each other.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of BECU software applications, products, services and processes.
- Maintain a general knowledge with all federal and state regulations that affect software testing standards.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to develop and maintain test schedules within established project management methodologies.
- Maintain the software testing leadership role within project teams.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Travel between BECU locations. Some out of area travel may be required.
- Ability to perform both manual and automated test methodologies.
- Proficient with test management software tools.
- Ability to perform defect reporting and tracking and use defect software.
- Ability to lead all test related meetings with all levels of staff.
- Excellent analytical, planning and software development lifecycle skills.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and strong Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to present a professional image to management, staff and vendors.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team player, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Software Testing Certification preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in the software testing industry.
- Minimum three years of technical project experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience with business unit specific acceptance testing.
- Minimum of three years of experience using test management software.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.