MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assists Assistant QA & Food Safety Manager and QA & Food Safety Manager in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the HACCP, SSOP, EV, GMP and other Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs to assure safe food handling practices, quality products, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide necessary technical resources and information to all Plant Department Managers, and report all quality deviations to the Asst. QA & Food Safety Manager, QA & Food Safety Manager and appropriate staff.
- Reviews and ensures necessary documentation is in place to assure that established standards of quality and food safety are met.
- Responsible for staffing of and continuous improvement of the QA & Food Safety Department - Manage, train, coach, lead, and supervise all plant QA & Food Safety staff.
- Investigate all product complaints and document and recommend corrective action.
- Perform and/or oversee HACCP and GMP audits of the process as well as employee training in these areas as needed.
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function.
- Assist Laboratory Lead Person in overseeing the execution of all microbiological and chemical tests.
- Act as plant representative to USDA personnel as needed.
- Assist in the preparation for and execution of customer, corporate, and third party audits.
- Direct reports include: QA Lead Person, General Utility - QA.
- Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Assist in the execution of special product tests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, Biology, or related field required.
- 1+ year(s) relevant work experience in the food industry, preferably in meat or meat processing.
- Knowledge of SPC, HACCP, USDA regulations, GMPs, Quality Assurance, and Food Microbiology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English language skills (reading and writing) required.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 2years
- QA: 1year
- food industry (preferably meat processing): 1year