Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) Inspector-Transit Procurement
Provide support to the Project Manager on all inspection and testing project related tasks including:
- Act as onsite liaison on behalf of client and Project Manager.
- Oversee/ witness vehicle testing programs to verify the design meets the requirements for the technical specification. This process will also involve tracking of non-compliant issues and working with the vehicle procurement team and carbuilder to track these issues to closure.
- Participate in vehicle manufacturing progress meetings/ discussions on behalf of the client.
- Author project correspondence for the project managers signature.
- Perform oversight and witnessing of factory testing of vehicles and subsystems prior to approval for shipment; log discrepancies and prepare reports for status of system testing, monitor field implementation and testing activities for transit vehicles.
- Assess performance and specification compliance for vehicles and subsystems
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the transit industry
- Excellent communications skills, detail oriented and ability to work independently are essential.
- Individual must have experience with vehicle testing and inspection programs.
- Experience working towards target zero health and safety regimes
The minimum qualifications for this position are: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with vehicle fleet procurement programs.
- Proven track record of working in a QA/QC environment
- Experience working with people from various professional backgrounds.
- Experience with scheduling is an asset
- Experience with Light Rail Vehicles (LRV) is an asset
- Familiarity with QA/QC control tools