Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Project Manager as the primary point of contact for a project’s adherence to Kitchell’s Quality Assurance Program. The QAPM performs quality control implementation, review and analysis, from design through all phases of construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and a primary contributor in design phase constructability reviews. A technical contributor in design phase charrettes and advisor on potential constructability and quality issues during the construction phase.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Provides oversight of adherence to specific project QC plans and monitor correct action directives necessary to comply with the QC plans.
- A reliable source of technical information and professional advice, for design or field issues that develop during the course of a project.
- Manage and supervise QA direct employee and 3rd Parties in the implementation and execution of the QA Program, project site inspections, QC reports, QC metrics and other related project support duties.
- Establish and maintain a positive, effective working relationships and communications with project teams, consultants, 3rd parties, architects, trade contractors and owners.
- Assist in developing and maintaining metrics for QC compliance and analytics.
- Actively participate in the development, deployment, usage, instruction and maintenance, of QA companywide educational and outreach programs. Assist with the development and deployment of company-wide QA/QC standards, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Completion of annual goals of continuing educational applicable to professional improvement and growth in QA/QC and/or technical expertise.
- Participate in specially assigned projects outside the normal QA/QC discipline.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
The ability to interpret technical drawings, specifications, and reports. Knowledge of construction methods, means and materials. Computer skills including software that supports QA/QC efforts such as Bluebeam, BIM 360, Latista, Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Revit, MS Project and Outlook.
Required Degrees, Licenses, Certification and Experience:
- Registered Architect or Engineer and/or BS in Architecture or Engineering (State of Arizona).
- 5+ years as a project architect (or engineer) on large, complicated projects.
- Detailed knowledge of building codes (ICC certification preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of building and infrastructureconstruction management procedures, contract management, inspection practices and procedures.
- 2+ years directly supervising employees and/or consultants.
- Strong technical knowledge in building systems with special expertise in building envelope systems.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Quality Assurance certifications or credentials, such as USACE or NAVFAC Construction Quality Management preferred.