Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements and supports a climate of “first time quality” in all aspects of production ensuring the highest quality final product.
- Supports and instills a safety culture within the team that is in compliance with Oceaneering’s Life Safety Rules and HSE program.
- Plans, executes and oversees planned and corrective maintenance in a manner that meets the requirements of the NAVSEA SS521-AA-MAN-010: U.S. Navy Diving and Manned Hyperbaric System Safety Certification Manual, the OTECH Quality Management System Manual (ISO-T-00001), and other higher-level authority guidance.
- Maintains Deep Submergence Systems – Scope of Certification (DSS-SOC) requirements (processes and personnel) in accordance with the Systems Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems.
- Assists in the development and execution of a Quality Assurance Program that meets the requirements of ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2015 or equivalent. Supports ISO audits as directed by the OTECH Quality Manager, The Quality Assurance Program shall also comply with the Systems Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems.
- Uses Re-Entry Control (REC) procedures/processes and develop/obtain required Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) for maintenance within DSS-SOC boundaries and work performed that validates adherence to the applicable requirements of NAVSEA SS800-AG-MAN-010/P9290 (Systems Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems),and NAVSEA SS521-AA-MAN-010 (U.S. Navy Diving and Manned Hyperbaric System Safety Certification Manual).
- Supports regular reviews which include functional audits, sustaining surveys, and quality assurance surveillances as directed and scheduled by the government. Quickly and efficiently determines root cause(s) and take short and long-term corrective actions to resolve any certification or non-compliance deficiencies noted during any review.
- Oversees the development and use of formal work packages in accordance with appropriate industry standards and best commercial practices.
- Assists in the implementation of a Quality Management and Assurance program which includes a training, qualification and tracking process for personnel.
- Assists in the maintenance of a Quality Assurance Program internal audit and surveillance program, IAW the OTECH Quality Management System Manual (ISO-T-00001) to monitor work performance and compliance with contract requirements and to determine the effectiveness of the quality program. The program shall emphasize assurance of quality through controlled, disciplined, well-defined work processes.
- Provides administrative and technical support services to the Sustaining Activity during scheduled Certification Sustaining Surveys.
- Reviews Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) documentation and conduct a receipt inspection for DSS-SOC parts received and certify them for use in DSS-SOC system maintenance in accordance with applicable guidance.
- Supports quality initiatives such as process and product characterizations that lead to continuous / cost improvements.
- Conducts benchmarking to develop more effective methods for improving quality.
- Leads and/or provide support to continuous improvement initiatives and training on continuous improvement, as requested, by other functional departments.
- Attends various meetings and action/communicate status or instructions.
- In-process inspecting and testing in accordance with Quality System work instructions. Included in this are reading drawings/blueprints, determining methods for dimensional inspections, inspection of paint and other coatings, weld inspection, and identification of material and inspected items to show inspection status.
- Final inspection to verify that items exhibit acceptable workmanship and that inspection reports/certificate of conformance are completed and ready for shipment with the product.
- Conducts periodic training of inspectors and initial training of new hires.
- Maintains logs; fills out nonconforming material reports and other required records of inspection and tests.
- Assures that inspection gages and equipment are in current calibration.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of Quality Assurance and DSS-SOC experience.
- Minimum 5 years MAN-010 experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
- Leads/participates in cross-functional teams.
- Extensive travel and an ability to work away from home for periods up to 45 days.
- Skillset to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must be able to perform well both autonomously and in working with teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality management systems and principles and a variety of operational excellence processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Practical experience in problem solving and root cause analysis methods.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Current US Passport is required.
- May require the ability to obtain a DOD clearance.