Currently, Meijer is looking for a Quality Assurance Apparel, Team Lead. Business Lead for quality assurance related to best practices for apparel. Key Deliverables:
- Supervises the quality team responsible for apparel including apparel technical support.
- In coordination with QA Apparel, establishes processes, infrastructure and training to ensure Meijer Own Brand apparel meet customer expectations related to quality and safety.
- Develops product standards for apparel tech packs.
- Oversees the development of testing protocols for apparel.
- Coordinates with Apparel Regulatory Specialist to ensure regulatory requirements are correctly addressed in testing protocols and tech packs.
- Coordinates with testing labs and manufacturers to ensure products are tested and inspected according to Meijer’s standards.
- Reviews apparel testing failures and determines corrective action required.
- Coordinates with Technical Designers to establish garment construction standards.
- Develops and manages Meijer’s quality management system for apparel including the vendor scorecard/qualification program.
- In coordination with QA Apparel Manager, communicates with Meijer team members, vendors and agents overseas in support of apparel on quality topics and product concern issues.
- Takes direction from QA Apparel Manager related to strategic direction of the business.
- In coordination with QA Apparel Manager, develops and implements an appropriate strategy for product evaluation post launch including customer return and complaint data and in-store evaluations.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for a degree in Apparel and Textile Technology or Design.
- Seven years of related experience in apparel quality assurance at the retail level. Demonstrated leadership and cross-functional collaboration with internal and external teams. A minimum of three years supervising or leading quality staff.
- Strong knowledge of apparel quality management systems
- Working knowledge of Acceptable Quality Level standards
- Familiarity with garment construction standards and approaches for a variety of fabrics including cut & sew knits, sweater knits and wovens
- Experience working with overseas agents, indirect vendors and manufacturers.
- Ability to proactively recognize and address potential issues which could impact merchandise quality.
- Positive individual who thrives on building new processes and influencing others in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Able to generate accurate work product quickly as requested by client business areas and influence others to do the same
- Ability to work across all divisions and levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, SharePoint
- Experience working with PLM systems a plus
- Proven ability to independently problem solve, analyze and assess