$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Quality Assurance Manager - Master Data Management within PNC's TCoE organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
• Experience in the development of data warehouse test strategies, test plans, and test cases—what they are and how to develop them, specifically for data warehouses and decision-support systems.
• Demonstrated skills with creating effective data warehouse test cases and scenarios based on business and user requirements for the data warehouse. Data development experience is a PLUS.
• Must be able to review quality of data entry(Data Quality), data loads, transformations, extractions, and merges loaded by the ETLs/jobs from the legacy (mainframes is a plus) systems into the relational database system(s)
• Skills and interest in participating in reviews of the data models, data mapping documents, ETL design, and ETL coding—as well as the ability to provide feedback to Dev/Tech teams.
• Experience in working with large scale Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Integration, Data Migration and upgrade projects.
• Strong Data warehouse and BI concepts Experience in working testing through Informatica or related ETL tools, Oracle database, BI tools like OBIEE, etc.
• Broad experience with SQL, using Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience in working with vendor partners and globally distributed teams(onsite/offshore)
• Broad experience in writing complex SQL Queries, using Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience performing automated web-service validation for SOAP/REST services, using SOAP UI or Karate Framework for services automation
Manages the development and implementation of plans for inspecting, testing, and evaluating software product functions and features.
Oversee and develop product QA and test plans for each phase of the development cycle.
Plans all resources and schedules for functional and performance QA work. Oversees the selection of the QA and testing tool-kit. Supports the overall QA strategy for the team.
Tracks, reports-on, and works towards improvement of quality assurance metrics, tools, and processes.
Oversees performance of individual team members and team as a whole. Identifies and addresses staff training and development needs.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Software Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
Software Quality Assurance And Testing – Knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate processes, tools, and techniques for assuring a high level of quality in computer software products and systems.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17