As a member of the Technical Operations leadership team, the Quality Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a Quality program which includes standards, policies and procedures for all activities required for the execution of company business processes and project execution. This person will ensure LEAN principles are utilized in all Quality processes and be responsible to implement a LEAN Quality program.
- Leading corporate Quality initiatives;
- Ensuring LEAN principles are utilized in all Quality processes and champion the implementation of LEAN across all business processes;
- Advocating best Quality practices across all delivery groups;
- Ensuring project quality plans comply with customer requirements;
- Develop and maintaining Quality metrics to ensure progress against continuous improvement goals;
- Implementing and maintaining corporate Quality training efforts; and
- Overseeing Corporate Quality functions and managing Quality staff.
- Ensure delivered equipment is compliant with documents and submittals, storage and protection in conformance with specifications and manufacturers requirements;
- Ensure Quality and project staff utilize automated tools, checklists and other quality tools to ensure specific tasks;
- Mentor and direct Quality staff as necessary to assist project teams in the Quality program to ensure uniform application across all delivery branches.
- Facilitate LEAN process Improvement teams to achieve needed improvements.
Ability to travel daily to and from the local office is required. Travel outside of the local branch is required for the support of projects, training or meetings. Travel expected to be 25-30%.
Whitlock is a video collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. This is our primary focus for our customers and the Whitlock family. Our goal is to build the best environment to enable and inspire great work and high performing teams, all motivated by our vision to be #1 by putting our customers first.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype for Business, etc.)
- IAuditor, Smartsheet & NetSuite experience is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Exhibit a strong sense of teamwork and inclusiveness
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, innovative leader
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or other relevant major.
- A minimum of 5 years’ direct experience in the field of Quality Management in a manufacturing or services environment.
- Significant experience implementing LEAN in manufacturing and/or service environments.
- Experience working in a project-based environment.
- Basic knowledge of AV integration and/or installation a plus.