The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager ensures that the product produced or purchased is fit for its purpose and meets specifications and customer expectations. The QA Manager co-ordinates the activities required to meet this objective.
The control and release of withheld and retained product is the responsibility of the Quality Manager and the Quality Department.
The QA Manager monitors and advises on how the quality management system is performing and publishes data and reports regarding company performance against set indicators.
The QA Manager coordinates with other site managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the QA system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, the QA manager advises on changes and their implementation and provides training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve our quality objectives.
• Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization;
• Ensure plant achieves and maintains BRC status
• Establishing predictive maintenance coordination through product measurement and monitoring;
• Maintaining and updating product and packaging specifications;
• Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
• Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation;
• Considering the application of environmental and health/safety standards;
• Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
• Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation;
• Identifying relevant quality-related training needs;
• Collating and analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters;
• Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary;
• Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks;
• Writing technical and management system reports;
• Bringing together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures;
• Supervise QA staff and ensure their compliance with systems and procedures.
• Liaising with customers' auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers' specifications;
• Monitoring performance through gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
• Conduct physical testing applicable to performance of products in the field;
• Reduce scrap through focused process development.