When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
- You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing quality performance, requirements and strategy specific to Boeing customer (both Commercial and Military) for UTAS. The candidate will be responsible for driving Quality Improvement plans at the Business Units and tailoring Quality Plans to mitigate quality escape risks based on the SBU products, production risks and UTAS learnings. Candidate will also be responsible for defining Quality strategy for Boeing Development programs. Candidate will serve as a voice of the customer and will be responsible for fostering relationships with Boeing Quality and Supply Chain organizations, as well as ensuring customer concerns are addressed within UTAS. Responsibilities also include engaging in significant quality escape investigation in order to provide quality oversight and ensure UTAS-wide read-across.
Candidate must be self-motivated, high energy individual with strong leadership skills, and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments. In addition, candidate must be an effective team player with the ability to develop and sustain team commitment and problem solving skills. Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to speak effectively before large groups of customers, Executive teams and UTAS sites are required.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers
- Proficiency in Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma/ACE tools and methodologies
- Experience with managing and working in a matrix organization
- Strong leadership and good presentation skills.
- 5 years of experience in Quality Management and ACE.
- Strong understanding of Quality Procedures, Quality Management Systems, AS9100 and Regulatory Agency.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelors of the Arts/ Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67737BR