ABB is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager, which consists of development and implementation of effective methods and procedures, and the use of proper equipment to effectively respond to requirements for accuracy of company products and services. Provide leadership to a group of supervisors or supervise staff engaged in a variety of quality assurance assignments involving various quality equipment and complex operations. Assist senior managers with administrative duties involving the section. Promote, develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer relations.
Typical duties/responsibilities for quality may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan, schedule and assign work considering customer requirements, priorities and resources available to cost-effectively achieve objectives, ensure quality, and continuously improve performance. Oversee activities and anticipate and respond effectively to problems in order to eliminate or reduce their adverse impact.
• Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, employees are properly trained and work is performed in accordance with health and safety requirements. Promote and ensure fair and equitable treatment of staff. Independently resolve complex technical problems and resolve human resource issues, in conjunction with senior managers and human resource representatives, as appropriate.
• Apply various measuring techniques to evaluate performance. Direct continual review of the section's operations and manage the development and introduction of alternative approaches of assuring quality products at lowest cost. Prepare and ensure adherence to departmental budgets.
• Provide guidance and arrange for training of staff. Provide administrative support to senior managers and advise supervisors regarding the more complex aspects of their assignments. Manage and document employee performance and implement responsive actions.
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of management, or service, or engineering, or quality assurance experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field plus 12 years of quality assurance experience in the turbocharging industry.
• Thorough understanding of AIAG manuals for Statistical Process Control (SPC), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP).
• Good planning and organizational skills with experience of determining priorities, coordinating multiple activities while meeting multiple timelines.
• ISO/TS training and experience.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate customer warranty data for trends and impact.
• Print tolerance methods including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T).
• Strong problem-solving and prevention methods (8D, FMEA, 5-Why) skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB