What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and work closely with fellow engineers and leaders to architect and develop the best quality assurance practice and approach.
- Manages the overall work for technically complex areas of testing, including test automation, performance and load testing and web services testing.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Manage and coach QA Analyst teams both onsite and offsite.
- Driving product quality through effective K.P.I. management. Promote leading industry best practices meeting QA department goals and objectives.
- Represents the QA organization through all phases of the SDLC and closely collaborates with other involved functional areas. Develop, sponsor and drive quality processes into the existing agile process.
- Implement ongoing quality improvement processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand shared goals and objectives. Ability to set short and long-term team goals that align with the organizations direction.
- Ability to effectively deal with rapid change in a positive manner and to lead staff through changing priorities is a must.
- Proven ability to build successful work teams and manage and retain high performing talent. Ability to mentor and foster a positive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan work for teams, manage workload balance and have proven track record of delivering results.
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships and to work at all levels of the company including senior and executive management.
What we want to see in your background:
- A very strong understanding to test processes, automation practices, continuous integration and performance and stress initiatives.
- Great technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, drive for results, strategic thinking, and architecture vision
- Experience with Agile development, and knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, unit testing and functional testing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment distributed across domains and geographical locations are very important.
- Experience working with off-site engineering and test teams
- Experience building and testing software in a cloud environment a strong plus
- Experience delivering large, cross-functional projects.