General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Manager to join the Operations Support team within Product Life Cycle Sustainment-Products (PLCS-P) at GA-ASI, located in Sabre Springs, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position typically reports to a senior manager and is responsible for the planning, managing, and technical performance of a Quality Assurance (QA) program. Manages all phases of assigned QA programs and/or projects including developing, evaluating, implementing, and monitoring quality management policies, principles and standards, such as ISO-9000 or similar quality systems, to ensure compliance with customer/product standards and governmental regulatory requirements.
Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate management and/or team leaders. May be responsible for decisions that impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.
- Manage QA activities including planning, implementing, and monitoring technical performance to ensure quality and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and implement defined and specific standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products.
- Design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conduct quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Coordinate safety and environmental compliance reviews.
- Align QA program for the unit(s) with the corporate QA internal and external audit program, corrective action system, Quality Assurance Records Center, maintenance of QA manuals and procedures, QA policies and procedures, measuring and test equipment calibration program, and inspection laboratories.
- Audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Investigate issues and develop innovative and practical solutions to technical and quality problems ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- May participate in reviewing engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Participate with management to develop and implement current and annual technical, schedule, quality, and financial objectives for the QA program to ensure strategic business objectives are met. May also participate in the development of annual and long-term objectives for the organization.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by managing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- May act as a QA spokesperson with line management, program managers, technical staff, and outside representatives.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology while maintaining the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters in engineering or a related technical field and eleven or more years of progressively complex QA experience with at least five of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive working knowledge and understanding of QA principles, concepts, theories, regulations and practices; extensive knowledge of ISO 9000 or similar quality system; and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- The ability to resolve complex technical and management issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and be able to work extended hours and travel as required.