Topco Associates is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager- Supplier Management for the Quality Assurance team in Elk Grove Village, IL.
The Supplier Management Quality Assurance Manager proactively manages the supplier qualityprogram and process to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and Topco requirements while driving continuous improvement in supplier performance. Success in this role will requirestrong leadership and technical skills, team work, collaboration, strong technical and influencing skills and a sound understanding of food safety, quality and business risk management.
- Manage and execute Topco Supplier Qualification Program to drive compliance.
- Manage and execute meeting regulatory requirements working cross functionally withinternal and external partners.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external partners, as well as with regulatory agencies to resolve food safety and quality issues and maintain compliance to Topco requirements.
- Drive quality improvements with supplier base through evaluation of the suppliers’ performance, ensure identification and implementation of appropriate Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions for major and re-occurring issues and apply learnings across network.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and internal stakeholders in affecting product withdrawals and recalls in a timely and effective manner. Superior customer service skills in handling and resolving time sensitive events.
- Mentor, develop and train QA Specialists in challenging areas and improvement opportunities.
- Create and foster a climate of teamwork to work effectively with internal and external partners in achieving synergy needed for team effectiveness.
- Evaluate and approve supplier manufacturing facilities per protocol.
- Conduct formal audits of products and suppliers in support of category reviews.
- Provide technical expertise and product knowledge to vendors, members and Topco staff asrequired. Assist QA Specialists with training and guidance as necessary.
- Manage member and consumer complaint resolution process while driving effective preventive action programs/ processes.
- Work with outside testing laboratories as necessary and review results for superior understanding of products.
- Applies superior knowledge during product investigations and resolves product issues and assists other departments as necessary. Develops strategies to correct/eliminate issues in the future.
- Provides innovative ideas and leads projects in the QA department.
- Work closely with the regulatory team to maintain the highest level of regulatory compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
College degree in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry or a relevant discipline preferred. A combination of education and experience conferring equivalent skills would be acceptable.
- HACCP certification required. FSMA PCQI, FSVP and GFSI (BRC or SQF) certificationspreferred
- Strong auditing and assessment skills are required
- Knowledge and working experience in different food production, manufacturing, distribution and retail/food service business environments preferred. Knowledge and working experience in non-food production, manufacturing would be beneficial.
- Superior knowledge of consumer product testing, laboratory procedures and statistical and quality sampling measures, or experience conferring equivalent skills.
- Knowledge of food laws, and U.S regulations. Expert knowledge of various quality management systems
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- A minimum of 7 years in the industry with direct experience working with consumer products with quality aspects.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing others.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing supplier quality