Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Quality Assurance Manager will manage all plant units and is responsible for monitoring and ensuring plant products are safe and meet customer specifications and company quality and reliability standards. In addition to developing and implementing short-term and mid-term business plans for department, and assists in the development of the strategic plan for the plant.
- Manages and directs staff responsible for microbiological testing and other quality control testing of plant products.
- Oversees maintenance of the weight and defect control programs in accordance with plant and company standards.
- Develops, implements and communicates short-term and mid-term (1 - 2 years) business plans for the operations, ensuring associates understand the link to the plant’s, division’s and the corporation’s business plans and understand their role in accomplishing these plans.
- Assists in establishing the longer-term strategic plans for the plant.
- Develops operating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems. Ensures all associates have the resources and capabilities to effectively accomplish their responsibilities.
- May serve as a member of the plant’s Steering Team.
- Resolves hotline complaints about plant products, maintaining necessary records regarding the problem’s resolution.
- Meets with vendors, customers and quality representatives and other company staff to discuss and resolve quality issues.
- Ensures that the company's product "hold" policies and procedures are communicated to plant staff and that the plant adheres to the procedures.
- Recommends, as appropriate, the suspension of production or the release of product when quality standards are not achieved.
- Leads and/or participates in quality audits of the plant.
- Participates in regular meetings with plant management to discuss quality improvements.
- Develops, maintains and reports required operational information to management. Ensures all quality-related information required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the plant.
- Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are in compliance.
- Participates in weekly GMP, sanitation and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work orders to correct, any identified deficiencies.
- Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate Associates to ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies, systems, and quality control practices.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Rich Products Corporation's business objectives.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food Science, Engineering or related field
- 5 years supervisory experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing organization, preferably using computerized manufacturing equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control
- Experience working with SAP preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of refrigeration
- Knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations including basic statistical analysis
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software