Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assure that all raw materials, process parameters, sanitation procedures, and finished products comply with Customer, Company, State and Federal standards.
- Manage and audit quality programs and maintain proper documentation.
- Administer hold product dispositions. Follow-up and coordinate the release and/or removal of hold product through the proper channels.
- Assure that HACCP plans are fully implemented and monitored for all processing lines. Responsible for validating changes to food safety fundamentals (prerequisite programs.)
- Assure the training of employees in the areas of noncompliance, metal detection, GMP’s, HACCP, color code, sanitation procedures, net weight, and sensory attributes.
- Coordinate the activities of engineers and contractors in complying withGMP’s during construction activities.
- Work with vendors to correct noncompliance issues concerning ingredients and supplies.
- Participates in vendor GMP/sanitation audits and vendor certification auditsto ensure PCB standards are being met.
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to Quality Assurance technicians and other appropriate plant QA staff.
- Provide technical assistance to team members regarding the use ofchemicals and sanitation protocol. Duties to include verification of cleaning methods for control of microbial, allergenic, and organic product cross contamination risks.
- Direct the necessary retrieval of suspect product involved in a product recall.
- Direct the implementation, process and follow-up to corrective action items for audits, and inspections by customers, MDA, FDA, etc.
- Collect quality data and develop reports for business units.
- Research and approve all test lots.
- Investigate consumer and customer complaints and provide written communication regarding the findings.
Minimum of 4 year B.S. degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food manufacturing business, preferably in the Quality Assurance or Production environment. Minimumof 3 years supervisory experience. Must have working knowledge ofHACCP, GMPs, quality systems, and experience working with and leading team in a manufacturing environment. Must possess understanding ofFDA and local regulatory requirements.
Effective management and supervisory skills. Must have excellent facilitating skills in a team environment, and effective communication skills, both written and oral. Training skills with ability to develop own curriculum. Must be a demonstrated problem solver with the ability toimplement effective solutions. Working knowledge of statistical and otheradvanced analytical problem solving tools. Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
Job ID 5011424