Plan, coordinate and direct the food safety and quality assurance program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards. Develop and implement food safety and quality training programs. Lead the QA programs in meeting regulatory requirements and customer’s expectation. Participate in management meetings for strategic planning and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Responsible for achievement of quality department goals and objectives.
- Implement Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Interpret and implement FDA, USDA, State regulations ensuring H.A.C.C.P., S.S.O.P., COOL Act standards are met.
- Lead and manage all food safety programs including but not limited to: HACCP, SSOP, Cleaning/Sanitation, Sanitation Verification, FSMA, Bio Security/Bioterrorism Act, recalls/traceability, training, record keeping, verification, and USDA/FSIS/FDA/State compliance and inspections
- Establish and maintain GFSI/BRC/SQF standards in meeting audit requirements.
- Interact with Regulatory Agencies and/or 3rd party auditors.
- Lead and manage all audit and certification programs including but not limited to: BRC/GFSI, USDC/QMP, MSC/ASC, Kosher certification, and Halal certification.
- Perform and monitor scheduled audits.
- Offer and implement training.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly audits.
- Remain current on all regulatory requirements and law changes.
- Environmental testing of contact surfaces, water, and product.
- Implement traceability program.
- Conduct, coordinate training for mock recalls and recalls.
- Follow-up on customer complaints
- Perform internal/external audits and inspections to ensure that all standards and requirements are met.
- Assist in all plant quality activities.
- Identify, investigate and report on critical quality defects on production processes and products.
- Determine source of quality variance and specific steps to be taken in correcting the process and product.
- Ensure systems are in place to make certain that vendors are capable of meeting quality expectations.
- Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Conduct line level problem analysis.
- Seek continuous improvement on food safety and quality program.
- Be part of management team in pursuing operation excellence.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Directly supervises team members in the Quality Assurance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A.Education and Experience
- Minimum associates degree from an accredited college or university in food science, marine/fishery science, biology, microbiology, or other related discipline with a minimum of three years’s of QA Manager experience; or minimum of 10 years of QA management eperience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QA / Food Safety Management experience in the meat industry
B.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Seafood HACCP Certification preferred
- USDA HACCP Certification preferred
C.Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Strong Computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.