As a key member of the plant management team, the Quality Assurance Manager works closely with all aspects of the manufacturing process, from raw materials to finished product, and provides Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement guidance as a subject matter expert.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager’s responsibilities would include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Provide systems level guidance and instruction to the Quality Department, as well as overall Operations team, to ensure that all are working towards the same set of goals and requirements.
- Daily review of all process control records to ensure that internal compliance measures and customer requirements are being met. Keep management team apprised of all quality issues.
- Daily review of all spoilage collections assigning various types to proper sources.
- Act as site SQF practitioner
- Provide quality systems training and food safety training for all plant team members; including any management or function specific training.
- Daily review and entry of all defective material related data into associated databases to ensure SQF compliance.
- Daily review of production to evaluate and determine disposition of questionable product and formally isolate production when required.
- Assist in product sorting operations
- Champion and participate in safety programs and activities.
- Process and maintain accurate supplier claim records for all supplier claims.
- Generate monthly report that details Quality activities at the plant; including but not limited to quality data, quality issues, customer concerns, supplier concerns, HACCP, audit findings, HFIs, and requests for corporate assistance.
- Conduct various quality audits on a regular basis as prescribed by corporate as well as locally developed system audit needs dictate.
- Conduct investigations based on customer complaints; work with customers and/or sales department to resolve quality questions and concerns.
- Operate Supplier Quality Assurance system, Customer Complaint system, ESM system, CMD and EX systems, trailer reject database, HFI system, gauge calibration system, QAS system, and NWA software packages.
- Maintain quality equipment through calibration and external repair.
- Develop and coach quality team members; including providing training and performance management.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the Food Safety programs including Food Defense, GMPs, and HACCP.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF system to include establishing processes to improve the effectiveness of the SQF systems which demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Verify compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging and all customer requirements are being met at all times.
- Support employee engagement at the facility through various Plant activities.
- Obtain and maintain HACCP certification.
- Perform other job-related duties as required or assigned.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Previous experience with and demonstrated understanding of SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Basic understanding of GMPs and HACCP
- Six-Sigma, lean manufacturing or ISO experience
10 - 20%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.