Reports to:General Manager
Develop, implement,and monitor policiesand procedures pertaining to all plant quality systems.
• Ensure compliance to all customers, corporate and plant quality policies, procedures and requirements.
• Provide leadership in the implementation of quality improvements and corrective actions.
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1.Responsible for managing the QualityAssurance department.
2.Manage the implementation and evaluation of qualityprocesses, emphasizing those which provide enhanced product quality while positively impacting cost savings and production methods.
3.Maintain, develop, and interface with customers relative to quality specifications.
4.Coordinate with Human Resourcein hiring, training, counseling and discipline of department Teammates.
5.Develop and implement quality plan and metrics that ensure attainment.6.Develop and administer budgets within established guidelines
7.Develop and maintain quality manual and systems for operation.
8.Manage product quality systems and practices.
9.Develop and maintain product inspection criteria and complete Teammatetraining of such.
10.Establish and maintain receiving inspection procedures.
11.Ensure that random system audits are performed, report on findings to management, and coordinate corrective actions through T-1 Team.
12.Manage and maintain ISO implementation including policy development and Teammatetraining.
13.Interface with customer in resolution of product quality problems and prepare determinations on non-conforming products i.e., scrap, rework, etc.
14.Notify suppliers of non-conformance issues and determine follow-up actions.
15.Complete all Plant Quality and Corporate Quality Reports.
16.Complete special projects as assigned.
A.Education:Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering,Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineeringrequired.
• Training and background in implementing ISO/QS 9000 system required.B.
• Experience:Minimum 5-10 years’experiencein QualityManagement.
• Experience with ISO/QS 9002 and contemporary quality systems required.
• Minimum 8 yearsbackground in areas of product/material testing, inspection quality assurance and SPC.
• Experience gained in plastics environment desirable.
• Minimum 5-10 years composites experience preferred and hands on experience with implementation of engineering processes and procedures.Technical knowledge and experience with vacuum infusion molding with epoxy resins, hand lay up and spray lay up of epoxy and polyester resins, compression molding, gel coatapplication, and surface painting of composites partsis a