Leggett & Platt, Incorporated (NYSE: LEG) is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to be based at its Western Pneumatic Tube branch in Kirkland, WA. The branch is an aerospace metal fabrication plant with approximately 130 employees that specializes in the manufacture of welded tubing. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Quality Department. This candidate will coordinate, and direct quality programs designed to ensure that the processing of all products is consistent with customer purchase orders. This position will report to the General Manager.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Oversees the daily task assignments of direct reports as well as supervise and prioritizes tasks as necessary to assure schedule compliance.
• Manages and oversees all inspections of parts, investigates non-conformances, initiates, implements, and coordinates corrective and preventative actions as appropriate.
• Performs Interface with inspection and manufacturing personnel on technical issues, specification requirements, inspection methods and scheduling.
• Reviews and approves all revisions to internal process procedures and Quality system procedures to assure that documentation meets current regulatory and customer requirements. (I.e. NADCAP and AS9100).
• Schedules and reviews internal and external audits to assure that any out of compliances with product, processes, or procedures are identified, documented, and corrected.
• Represents Company during all customer and regulatory audits.
• Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company goals, policies and procedures.
• Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and corrective/preventative actions being taken to assure continuous process improvement.
• Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
• Designs and implements training programs to all quality personnel.
• Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
Knowledge of metallurgy, raw materials, production processes, quality controls and costs.
5-7 years of Aerospace experience
3-5 years in a leadership role
NADCAP and AS9100 experience
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Metallurgic discipline preferred. MBA and ASQ Certified Quality Engineer pluses.
We are looking for a leader with a proven track record. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, through references and work samples, the ability to work effectively with employees and managers at all levels of the organization and be a proven problem solver. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 22,000 employee-partners in 145 manufacturing facilities throughout 19 countries. Leggett & Platt offers a positive work environment, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, visit http://careers.leggett.com/
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer