Quality Assurance Manager
Indeed is looking for someone who wants to see the impact of their work making a difference every day. Someone that understands the role of a Quality Assurance Analyst and advocates for Quality. Someone that appreciates the role of embedded QA and the important part that QA plays in product development. The Quality Assurance Managerworks withdevelopers to make hard-to-test features more testable for QA, understands the inner workings of technologies that have been tested, and understands the importance of manual testing and also knows that automated regression tests are vital.
The Quality Assurance Manager enjoys working on teams that move quickly and knows that it is the job of a Quality Assurance Analyst to speak up at any point in the process and will also provide hands-on leadership for a growing Quality Assurance team in our Austin engineering office. This person will coach other Quality Assurance Analysts and help them develop their skills, understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership.
As our engineering organization grows, this person will help ensure we keep the talent bar high, and will grow the skills and capabilities of the team by regular 1:1s with direct reports and provide them with regular feedback to help them grow. The Quality Assurance Manager will assist with testing large releases, investigate complicated production issues, and cover for team members that are out.
You will provide hands-on leadership for a growing Quality Assurance team in our engineering office. As our engineering organization grows, you will help ensure we keep the talent bar high, and you will grow the skills and capabilities of your team. You will not hesitate to jump in anytime someone on the team needs help testing a large release.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of overall experience in Quality Assurance or Computer Science field
- Significant prior success as an individual QA Analyst contributor
- Experience working cross-functionally with groups like Software Developers, Product Managers, and Country Managers
- Able to champion quality practices within a team or within the organization
- Strong ability to onboard and coach Quality Assurance Analysts, help them improve their skills, and grow their careers
- Extensive experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- A deep understanding of web technologies
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium Webdriver is a plus.