The Quality Assurance Manager is an influential leader collaborating with key business and IT stakeholders to insure proposed software changes align with enterprise business and IT strategic objectives. They will define and implement software quality assurance practices and procedures including automation of test cases wherever possible. They are responsible for managing a group of quality assurance professionals, who evaluate requirements, validate development practices, and thoroughly test and document software code changes prior to deployment to production.
- Team Manager: Accomplishes quality assurance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Operations: Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Financial Planning: Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Planning: Develops quality assurance plans by identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring test suite results and inventories.
- Process: Validates quality processes, tools, and procedures by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; documenting evidence; determining softwarre operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Product: Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and audits; investigating customer complaints (internal and external); collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and designs, and training methods.
- Non-Functional Quality: Ensures non-functional requirements such as information security and performance requirements are met or exceeds within application platforms through the SDLC process
- Documentation: Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations (repeat offenders).
- Professional Growth: Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 9 Years Quality Assurance experience
- Minimum 5 Years Management experience
- Experience with SDLCs (e.g., Agile, RUP, Waterfall)
- TFS 2017
- Visual Studio
- Certification(s) of quality control.