Job ID#: 25153BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Job Category: Quality
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our GA-EMS team located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
This position typically reports to a Senior Manager and is responsible for overseeing, coaching and managing a team of supplier quality engineers to drive performance of a Supplier Qualification and Development program. Manages all phases of assigned Supplier QA programs and/or projects including developing, evaluating, implementing, and monitoring Supplier Qualification and Evaluation, Approved Supplier List (ASL), overall systemic Non-conformances and Supplier Quality Risk to ensure compliance with customer/product standards and governmental regulatory requirements. Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate management and/or team leaders. May be responsible for decisions that impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Manage Supplier Qualification and Development activities including supplier evaluation, Approved Supplier List (ASL) management and assessment of supplier capability, risk and systemic performance for both new and existing suppliers to ensure quality and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and implement defined and specific standards, methods, and procedures for supplier qualification, capability assessment, risk mitigation and performance improvement.
- Drive and report out improvement in supplier performance metrics and interface with internal and external stakeholders to collaboratively pursue solutions and closure of action plans.
- Partner with Procurement, Quality, and Operations stakeholders to create supplier development plans for selected critical suppliers focused on quality, delivery, capacity and supplier capability.
- Facilitate and lead strategic value-driven, long-term improvements in supplier quality and source selection (products / services / relationship) by identifying critical areas for development and working with external and/or internal stakeholders in a collaborative fashion to drive improvements.
- Lead in development of supplier training materials and tools to achieve supplier performance expectations, and meet or exceed GA-EMS supplier requirements.
- Audit supplier quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Investigate issues and develop innovative and practical solutions to technical and quality problems ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- May participate in reviewing engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Manages the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required professional staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters in engineering or a related technical field and eleven or more years of progressively complex QA experience with at least five of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Possess excellent verbal / written and presentation communications and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively persuade and influence through positive communications with cross-functional stakeholders, team members, suppliers, management, outside customers and regulatory personnel.
- Capable of representing the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues with the ability to lead a team including moderately experienced exempt employees on a project.
- Experience using process improvement techniques and methodologies (e.g. Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and DMADV) and tools (e.g. 8D, SPC, Capability Analysis, DOE, MSA, and FMEA).
- Experience in full product life cycle from Research & Development to New Product Introduction to Production, and Post-Production.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive working knowledge and understanding of QA principles, concepts, theories, regulations and practices; extensive knowledge of AS 9100 or similar quality system; and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Must possess (1) the ability to resolve complex technical and management issues; (2) strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings; and, (3) strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No