Quality Assurance Director
Fort Smith AR Area
Full Benefits: yes
Interview Exp: yes
Relo Exp: yes
Company Comments: plus bonus
International Manufacturer of Consumer Products is seeking to hire an experienced Quality Director .. This position will be a part of the senior management team reporting to the General Manager.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Quality Director is responsible for maintaining and ensuring a functional Quality Management System. , deploying and managing departmental team members and assets to meet and exceed the customer’s expectations with regards to Quality. Will also manage the certification and necessary accreditation's required to do business as detailed in applicable Customer Specific Requirements. Is responsible for driving the Advanced Product Quality Planning process ensuring a cross-functional approach through to completion.Will take direction from the Managing Director in support of the Company's goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering a plus
- Strong leadership skills providing purpose, motivation, and direction to direct reports.
- Technically savvy in all aspects of ISO9001
- Internal AuditExperience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, or Black Belt a plus .
- American Society for Quality certifications are a plus
- Experience in a Multi plant environment
- Experience with Machining or Metal working.,Fabrication
- Plan, direct, and/or coordinate the work activities and resources I.A.W. safety, quality, and cost in efforts of supporting the manufacturing team’s goals and objectives
- Manage / develop comprehensive QMS (Quality Management System)
- Maintain facility certification - ISO/ and Management Review process
- Coordinate and cooperate with process owners to ensure QMS compliance
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Oversee Supplier Quality functions.
- Drive and participate in the APQP process for new products and projects.
- Plan for preventive quality measures, safe launch activities, program review, and APQP Core documentation implementation.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confer with management, production, and purchasing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Strong knowledge of plant processes which provides a continuity between Manufacturing and Quality.
- Deploys CAQ (Computer Aided Quality) system for plant KPI, Corrective Actions, and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Develop Quality team members to ensure a robust and fully functional cast in support of Manufacturing