Quality Assurance Manager Food Group
5 - 7 years experience • Agriculture
The J.R. Simplot Company and R.D. Offutt Company have recently established a joint venture to begin operating a vegetable processing and distribution facility in the spring of 2018. Initial output from the facility will be vegetable processing, packaging and distribution to existing and emerging food service outlets throughout North America.
This Quality Assurance Manager assures all products are manufactured and packaged within good commercial practices; meeting accepted company standards and policies; and meeting all Federal and State regulations in a cost effective and food safe manner.
This QA Manager directs and coordinates the Plant Quality Assurance Department, providing support to operations to assure all products are manufactured and/or packaged within good commercial practices; meeting accepted company standards and policies; and meeting all Federal and State regulations in a cost effective and food safe manner. This position is responsible for partnering with Production and Food Safety to create world class quality and food safety systems. This position monitors production methods, product quality and product safety.
-Responsible for implementing and maintaining compliance with Global Food Safety Initiative Standards. Food Safety plan (FDA), HACCP and Prerequisite programs .Maintains records of -l product quality checks, preventive controls and pre-requisite programs;
_ Responsible for all plant Quality Assurance Training Procedures, Specifications, and equipment use
- Directs the Quality Assurance functions to provide the necessary support to operations, to ensure consistent high quality product is maintained as well as proper costs control, food safety, plant sanitation and safety performance.
- Ensures the implementation and management of J.R. Simplot Quality Systems,
-Ensures compliance with daily management of the Food Safety Plan Activities and RTE standards
- Audit specifications and procedures compliance; product and compliance to specifications cuttings; the systems and instrumentation portion of QMS to ensure process procedures are followed and instrumentation is being calibrated
- Drives continuous improvement and develops appropriate procedures; enthusiastically promotes improvement in group/private discussions; ensures appropriate feedback of quality information to operations
- Educates the team on the customer expectations and division procedures
- Directly supervises the plant QA Supervisor and is accountable for directing and oversight of all food plant, corporate and regulatory quality requirements
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in food science (or related discipline), chemistry, biology, or microbiology preferred
- Five plus years related experience and/or training