This position provides QA leadership for a plant by setting a quality strategy, improving quality standards, goals and objectives. This position will focus on the operations side of quality assurance; Quality Systems, Food Safety and the appropriate food safety systems, Sanitation, and Specifications. The QA Manager monitors and advises on how the quality management system performs, publishes data and reports company performance against set indicators. The QA Manager advises on changes in the QC and QA procedures and systems, implements new systems where necessary and provides training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality.
- Lead the facility in the adoption and disciplined use of a clearly defined, well-documented, and systematic commercialization process for implementing change into plant processes for new product launches and product process redesigns.
- Setting QA Compliance Objectives and insuring targets are achieved.
- Lead the process of moving from a quality control minded organization to a quality assurance minded organization.
- Set up the quality assurance systems for proper certification
- Support defining plant process capabilities, sampling plans, & protocols to transition product from R&D pilot to commercial manufacturing (e.g., in-process control points).
- Lead and facilitate the facility in consumer and customer complaint resolution and reduction activity across the enterprise.
- Lead activities that empower, engage, and involve operators with the information and tools for continuous improvement in facility manufacturing processes.
- Provide the means for incorporating the necessary tools, equipment, and methods into the new and existing processes aimed at continuous improvement.
- Lead changes to existing products in response to complaints, customer requests, or cost-saving activity.
- Ensure seamless exchange of technical and product information between and among functional areas (e.g., from R&D to the customer).
- Lead and support seamless exchange of technical & product information between and among unit operations in a manufacturing process.
- Lead and support the achievement of plant operations quality goals.
- Guide the transition to operator-focused quality measurement.
- Employ Quality management systems, TPM and Continuous Improvement to place Quality at the heart of the organization.
- Ensure training of plant personnel in self-audits of their quality systems.
- Train and verify training effectiveness of all QA personnel on QMS functions and product release through the new ERP system.
- Support Operations in any quality functions associated with the new ERP system implementation.
- Leads the facility in obtaining the BRC Certification. Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensures such policies are applied by all employees.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs and legality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent knowledge of food manufacturing processes
- Solid understanding of food safety
- Experience using and training on ERP systems.
- Experience in setting up HACCP, ISO and/or other food safety and quality assurance systems
- BRC or GFSI experiencepreferred.
B.S. in Food Science or related field
Years of Experience:
Minimum of 5+ years Quality Assurance Management experience in food industry required.
Req. ID: 28487