Description Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
AFC Cable Systems, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager in our Byesville, OH office.
Reporting to Quality Manager of Cable Solutions, the Quality Manager’s primary focus will be to promote Quality and continuous improvement company wide through detailed standard work, graphical communication of gaps and achievements, and facilitating problem solving with classic Quality tools. Additional essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Manage day-to-day activities at Byesville manufacturing for both cable and steel mill.
• Review and update procedures, standards and work instructions to alignment with best practices at other facilities and industry standards.
• Drive continuous improvement by analyzing customer complants and performance data. Develop countermeasures when required to improve metrics, and ensure effective implementation through process auditing.
• Support plant cost reductions and process improvement projects through the instruction and use of various Quality tools such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability, MSA/Gage R&R, SPC, Pareto analysis and other tools.
• Responsible for ensuring process and product comply to all regulatory requirements, including UL and CSA as designed.
• Update Quality specific data on Sharepoint for weekly and monthly management reviews. Able to speak to data and provide detailed reporting when required.
• Develop and maintain effective process control which focuses on prevention of defects and nonconformances.
• Provides functional leadership with awareness, knowledge and guidance of Lean Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools to support achievement of Atkore Business Systems business objectives.
• Develop robust inspection and testing for raw materials and final product.
• Able to interface with manufacturers and identify best practices for calibration and maintenance of equipment and tools specific to the wire/cable industry.
• Perform daily testing on final product to ensure UL/CSA standard compliance.
• Manage test lab as well as execute and report testing results. Responsible for ensuring that lab testing protocols are documented and trained.
• Demonstrate strong Quality leadership and effective communication skills throughout all levels of the organization. Remain focused in stressful situations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements • Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
• Miniumum of 6 years experience preferred
• Hands on, accountable team player with willingness to learn as well as teach others.
• Manufacturing experience in metallurgical and/or electrical components/cable experience desired. Experience with high voltage testing preferred.
• ISO 9001: 2008 & 2015 knowledge is required. Able to perform internal and process audits to standard as well as to internal documentation.
• Experience in steel manufacturing including pickling, galvanizing and slitting.
• Knowledge of dimensional inspection, process control methods, and document control.
• High comfort level operating, troubleshooting and training others on the use of high voltage test equipment, physical lab testing, and calibration of equipment.
• Experience within a lean manufacturing facility.
• Practical experience in root cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is preferred.
• Knowledge of UL/CSA standards and inspections are preferred.
• History leading and supporting Kaizen events (5S, SMED, Kanban, TPM etc.).
• Knowledge of statistical theory and principles, SPC and tools such as Minitab.
• Hands on, accountable team player with the willingness to learn as well as teach others. This position requires extensive time spent within a manufacturing environment.
• All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.